Movin' and shakin'! Joel's been doing great keeping his temperature without his incubator, so he gets to keep his open bed. He got moved back down to 4L flow from 5L and is doing great with that. They stopped his caffeine, since he hasn't had any apnea (knock on wood). He's getting vitamins and iron again since they were stopped after his bad weekend. He's doing very well. He's gaining weight, too. He is up to 2 lbs, 15.5 oz today! I really can't believe I didn't realize that yesterday, Joel had DOUBLED his birth weight!
He's doing so well that they're talking about his surgery again. They are waiting on one doctor to authorize the transfer. Hopefully, we'll know by tomorrow. I'm apprehensive and excited at the same time. Please keep Joel in your prayers this week as we get ready for the surgery. A minor surgery is a big deal for a little guy! Thanks!
2 comments:
YAY Joel! Doubling that birth weight is FANTASTIC! You are in a big boy bed and growing like a weed! I am so proud of you and your progress. I keep praying for you every day. I am praying that your eye surgery will go well and you will grow big enough to go home real soon! I know your family would love to be with you 24/7! You are truly a gift from God! Jeremiah 29:11 says: 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'
Love and hugs to all...Kris
That is an awesome passaage for him. Thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment