No news yet on the surgery. We are waiting to hear back from the nurse coordinating the surgeon's schedule. At the moment, Joel is just fine with that. He is back on the microflow today at 0.5L, and he is growing. He broke the 3 lb mark today at 3 lb, 1 oz (1,380 grams)! He is such a little trooper. I felt a little bad for him, since they tried twice yesterday to give him an IV, and none of the nurses can get anything in him. His veins are spent.
I gave him his whole bath last night! It was a spongebath, where I dipped the washcloths in water, dripped him wet, then rubbed soap on and dripped to rinse. I don't think he appreciated it much (he cried so hard he made himself sick), but he sure liked the warm towel treatment he got afterwards! We got a late start on the bath, so I was kind of excited when the nurse told me baths put babies right to sleep. We got done with the bath, and I was holding him, thinking he'd fall right asleep. Nope, not this kiddo. I think he was so worked up from the bath that he was wide awake. We got to hang out for another half hour after his bath before I had to leave! It's a definite sign of his age that he's awake for longer periods now. It's so much fun!
I gave him his whole bath last night! It was a spongebath, where I dipped the washcloths in water, dripped him wet, then rubbed soap on and dripped to rinse. I don't think he appreciated it much (he cried so hard he made himself sick), but he sure liked the warm towel treatment he got afterwards! We got a late start on the bath, so I was kind of excited when the nurse told me baths put babies right to sleep. We got done with the bath, and I was holding him, thinking he'd fall right asleep. Nope, not this kiddo. I think he was so worked up from the bath that he was wide awake. We got to hang out for another half hour after his bath before I had to leave! It's a definite sign of his age that he's awake for longer periods now. It's so much fun!
I know you thought bathtime would tire me out...
...but I'm awake...
...and I want to play!
3 comments:
Way to go, busting through that 3lb mark! You are doing great! Hope you have a great day!
Let me be the first to say Happy 7 week birthday! You look awesome in those pictures your sweet mom posted...those baths don't wear out big 3 pound boys now, do they? Wow, you are bright eyed and ready for a bedtime story!
Psalm 127:3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.
Post a Comment