Friday, May 7, 2010

Joel - 4 weeks!

Time does fly...it's been 4 whole weeks since Joel made his big debut! He's made a lot of progress in those short weeks! Tonight, he looked great. He was wide awake when we were there! We changed his diaper (twice), and Jake got to hold him. He did really well, and we got to see him happy and alert. (Sometimes that happens in the afternoon when we're not there!)

He is still on 27 calories at 6.5mL/hr. The air is still at 0.3L, since he was drifting at 0.2 a little bit. Other than that, it was a very uneventful day according to the nurses. He grew 15 grams. That puts him at 990 grams, or 2 lb-2.8 oz for his 4-week birthday! Soon, he'll be over 1,000! I hope he keeps it up. He's doing awesome, thanks to all the prayers, and all the nurses! Happy Nurses' Day to all the wonderful nurses out there!

3 comments:

Kris Roach said...

Just wondering, when Joel gets to come home from the hospital, will you have another portion of maternity leave or family medical leave? I cannot imagine bringing him home and not getting to be there for a while!! Just wondering...He is doing so well, and I know it is because of the love and prayers coming from all over the place! He is so precious.

Jake and Christi said...

Yes! I came back to work early so I would have as much time as possible when he comes home (7-8 weeks)! I know even that won't be enough, but it'll have to do! I know they prayerful thoughts sent his way every day are helping him grow and stay strong! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

whatta man!!!