Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Joel - 3 weeks, 6 days

Well, I went back to work today. It was a long day, with little sleep before and little sleep after. I guess I have some work left to get back on a normal schedule!

I visited Joel in the evening, after the blackout time for visiting hours. He is certainly looking bigger! He was a little bit unhappy last night. I think it was too noisy in his room. His neighbors were all screaming! He's still a little bit sensitive to all the noise. He's much better than when he was born, though!

They put him back on 0.3L flow. They had moved him down pretty quickly, and they finally found his limit. He was drifting a little more with his blood oxygen saturation on the 0.2L after a day, so they are putting him back where he's comfortable for a while. He's still doing really well with his temperature, though! Some little people clothes, and he's good to go. They also increased his feeds. He was maxed out for his goal based on weight, but he's slow to put on weight. They decided that on top of the extra calories, they will give him extra quantity to see if it helps him pack on the pounds! He's up to 975 grams today!




My new outfit looks like a robe on me!

No comments: