Friday, April 30, 2010

Joel - 3 weeks, 1 day

Well, I'll be honest-I wasn't sure about this NICU place when I was born...they had me hooked up to all these monitors and air and tubes...but now, it's a pretty nice place to be! They are finally letting me wear clothes, although being a naked baby wasn't so bad...and there aren't any of those heavy IV's in my arms any more. They still have a cannula in my nose, but I'm doing so well that they are down to 0.6L flow now (It's SO much more comfortable than the high-flow that I've been keeping my blood sat perfect and haven't been drifting anymore! I'm so glad the doctor thought to try this!) I have all these awesome nurses who tuck me in all snug, change my bed (always with the best boy blankets they can find), turn me over if I'm fussy, dress me (always with super-cute boy clothes), chart my progress, and hang out all day long. I love my nurses! They love me, too...I've gotten so many nicknames from them, and they love to hang out in my corner. I'm such a good baby!



My mommy agrees. She tells me every day that I'm such a good boy and that I'm doing a great job. My mom and dad and my nurses are just the cheerleaders I need to keep working hard in here. It's getting more and more comfortable. The last of my umbilical cord even fell off last night! I have a belly button!!



Time flies, too. I sleep so much that 3 weeks have just flown by!















I can't wait to see what's next! I'm sure I'll like it. Thanks for checking in!

3 comments:

Kris Roach said...

I love all the adorable pictures you have posted...I am so enjoying following his progress. He is doing fabulous. I am so pleased to see how well he is adapting. I am believing God will heal his eyes before he has to have surgery. Blessing to each of you. Much love, Kris

Jake and Christi said...

Thanks! I know he's in good hands...on all accounts. He's really thriving with these latest changes they've made to his routine. Hoping he'll start packing on the ounces soon!

Anonymous said...

Nice photos of family visiting. Bet Joel's Pop Pop was thrilled to be able to hold him.