Joel had a busy day today. The eye doctor (retina specialist) came by to do an eye exam. I was very hopeful, after how much he had his eyes open this weekend, that we would get a good report. The doctor called after Joel's exam and said he was not able to get the view he needed to be sure there is no ROP. I was pretty disheartened at first, but it isn't bad news. It's just no news and not good news. He said the right eye is clearing, which is progress. He will come back and recheck Joel's eyes in a week. The surgeon had said it could take 3 weeks for clearing to occur as the operated eye heals, so I really hope the next report is better.
Joel also had another ECG. The report was not in yet as of this evening, so we'll see how it looked tomorrow. He slept all afternoon after all that activity in the morning!
The doctor bumped up his feedings to 10mL/hr to help him gain weight. Unfortunately, he threw up a couple of times while I was there tonight. I hope it was just because of his meds and vitamins...a lot of kids have problems with vitamins...and not because of the food. He did grow, though...1,615 grams (3 lb, 9oz). We are hoping to have a meeting sometime this week with the doctors to discuss a plan for Joel and to regroup.
I am praying for progress tomorrow.
1 comment:
Hey Christi, I love the new crib, little Joel looks like he is in a home nursery..it is such an improvement from the old ones. He really looks great. I am so pleased that he has gained back the weight he lost and hopefully it will continue. I hope that by the time we arrive next Monday, he will be topping the 4 lb mark!!
Please don't be discouraged by the doctors not getting a read on his eyes, they probably just haven't completely healed since it has only been 13 days. The good report is coming, I feel sure.
Psalm 138:3
As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength.
Post a Comment