Sunday, May 23, 2010

Joel - 6 weeks, 3 days

Big news! I got my first big-boy bed! I've been keeping myself so warm in my isolette that they are letting me try an open-air crib (on a trial basis)! I feel like a superstar. It is much noisier and brighter now, but they put a blanket over my eyes to help me sleep. It makes it much easier for my visitors to see me and change my diapers and get me out to play! Grandma and Pop Pop came to visit again with my mom and dad. I had a fun weekend with them!

Check out my big boy bed!

Grandma helped get me dressed after my diaper change.

"Hmmm...this is pretty nice"

"Hi, Grandma!"

Joel 'n Grandma

Joel 'n Grandma

"Hi, everyone!"

What a great week it's been! Joel recovered from whatever ailed him, he got a big boy crib, and HE GREW!! Little man is now 1,305 grams (2 lb, 14 oz)! He is 35.5 cm long now (14 inches!, up 1.5 cm from last week) and has 26.5 cm head circumference (up 1 cm from last week). That is great progress. Soon, he'll be 3 lbs!

1 comment:

Kris Roach said...

What a BIG boy you are getting to be! How wonderful to see you in a regular isolette. That is a really big step! I am so pleased to see that you keep progressing so well. I am so happy that you got to spend the weekend with Grandma and PopPop. I am sure that you are VERY special to them and that you have them wrapped tightly around your little finger already! That is a good thing! You have so many years ahead to do lots of fun things with those sweet grandparents!! Love you.