Friday, May 21, 2010

Joel - 6 weeks, 1 day

Today and tonight were mostly uneventful. Joel was very restful today, and was down to around 40% on the 5L. His IV is gone again. It didn't flush earlier today, so they removed it since he's back to his 6mL/hr feedings and doesn't need it. I really hope he doesn't need an IV again soon, since they've used most of the good veins. There isn't much left to choose from! He will be at 7.5mL/hr by tomorrow, so hopefully the weight gain picks up again. He was at 1,220 grams tonight (2 lb, 11oz). Tomorrow, Grandma and Pop Pop are visiting!

I missed you, Daddy!

Daddy and Joel

Our little football.

4 comments:

Kris Roach said...

Please tell me he is 2 lb. 11 oz! Glad it was an uneventful day, those are good...just plugging along and growing sronger....

Kris Roach said...

I looked at a conversion chart and you did mean 2 lb...I figured it was just a typo. Hope the grandparents have a wonderful visit with precious Joel!

Jake and Christi said...

Sorry...it's the time of day (night) I write at! My mistake ;-)

Kris Roach said...

No problem, you do an awesome job of posting and 1 typo in 6 weeks is certainly no big deal! I am sure I make my fair share. I felt quite sure he couldn't have dropped a whole pound. He looks too wonderful!! I know your parents are enjoying their visit! I will tell my parents to look at the blog so they can see how much he has changed. They aren't on the computer too much, so I keep them filled in, but they need to see pictures!! He is so precious.