First, Daddy changed my diaper.
They have stopped feeding me all the time. Now, I just get fed 20cc every 3 hours.
20cc looks huge next to me! I've already eaten 3cc in this picture. I eat all of it!
I like to wake up for my "meals" and suck on a pacifier. If I'm relaxed and awake, my nurses give me a bottle to try. Today, I took 10cc from a bottle two different times! 10cc is half my meal! I don't like to brag, but sometimes I impress even myself. The doctors put more calories in my milk, too. I am on 30 calorie milk now. I've been really tired from the feedings and from growing. I am 1,080 grams now, which is 2 pounds 6 ounces! My mom was saying she can't tell where it went...only my fingers look fatter. I think I'm just growing everywhere!
They also decided to start me on an inhalant to help open the air sacs in my lungs. I made a lot of really good progress early on but have been static for a while. This will help me slow my breathing down and not work as hard to maintain my oxygen. I'll be done with it before I go home! I can't wait to go home...
My nurse gave me a great outfit tonight after my dad changed my diaper. It actually fits me! I'm still waiting for the cute outfits my mom told me are coming.
I got a cool outfit to wear.
I was Mommy's MVP
After all that, I was wiped out!
1 comment:
He is SO totally precious! I just love the way you write the posts...he has such a great vocabulary for a 5 week old! So excited that he has gotten up to 2 lb 6 oz. One more pound and he will be as big as my chihuahua!!! He was 2 lb. when we adopted him, and he is almost 1 year old now and only weighs 3.4 lb. To think that little Joel is that tiny is just completely mindblowing! I love his baseball suit! He is precious. Thanks for the updates, they are so enjoyable...
Post a Comment