Thursday, April 22, 2010

2 weeks and 2 pounds!!

Today, I turned 2 weeks old! I have made some really good progress during those two weeks. It's not been nearly as nice as the dark, quiet, cushy, free ride my mom gave me, but I've handled the adjustment fairly well. They keep giving me more food each day, and it's been helping me grow bigger. Today, I was 2 pounds! That means I've gained a whole quarter pound since I was born 2 weeks ago! It's a lot of work gaining weight, so I've been sleeping a lot lately. I don't fuss nearly as much as I used to. The doctors told me today that if I keep tolerating the food well, I might get my IV line out in a week or two! I don't know what I'll pull on all day once it's gone...my arms will be free!







My mom and dad come to see me lots. I like it when they come and talk to me. They calm me when I get upset by cradling my head and feet. Sometimes, they change my diapers. The first couple of times were pretty rough, but they're good at it now. I really don't like it when they take my temperature, or when the nurses take my blood pressure. The nurse told me tonight that I might graduate to a bigger blood pressure cuff! I don't think I want that.


Here's my mom holding me while they change my sheets. I think I look bigger here!

I want to thank everyone for all the prayers they've been sending my way. I want you all to know that I'm working really hard to hold up my end of the bargain. I've got a long way to go before I can go home, but I've made so much progress already. I'm pretty proud of myself! Thanks for all of your help. I love you all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Joel...you're doing awesome!! So proud of you!

Anonymous said...

The Naperville Journey group prayed for you tonight, Joel. Ron printed a photo of you to take with and show everyone. When people see you, it's easier for them to hold you close to their hearts.

Katie said...

You are to cute little peanut. Let me know when u plan on coming home so I can come hold you.